Friday, December 3, 2010

Telugufilmblog.com:“Priyamani about Rakta Charitra-2 !!” plus 3 more

Telugufilmblog.com:“Priyamani about Rakta Charitra-2 !!” plus 3 more


Priyamani about Rakta Charitra-2 !!

Posted: 02 Dec 2010 05:46 AM PST

Priyamani about rakta charitra-2
She already has a fair idea about the response that the first instalment of Rakht Charitra (RC) garnered at the box office.

Yet, actress Priyamani is eager to find out how the Tamil audience would welcome Raktha Charithiram.

"Rakht Charitra released in Hindi and Telugu a few weeks ago and the film was critically appreciated. In Andhra Pradesh, it was a huge hit and that's probably because the film is centred around the politics and people in Andhra. Now, I'm waiting to find out how the audience will like the full version, Raktha Charithra," begins an excited Priyamani.

She plays Bhavani, Suriya's love interest, in the film. "Honestly, RC revolves around the equation between Suriya and Vivek. In this film, I support Suriya in whatever decision he takes, counsel him if he has any doubt in himself," she reveals.

Talking about how she landed the role, the actress says, "Ramu ( Ram Gopal Varma) had seen me in Paruthiveeran and thought I would be apt to play Bhavani. When he tried to reach me, I was shooting in Langkawi with Puri (Jagganath sir) for a Telugu film. Ramu and Puri are good friends and he had told Puri sir about the film. When Puri sir told me about Ramu's call, I was really excited. I adjusted my dates for another film to be a part of this film."

Given that the film is based on a real-life incident and revolves around real people, was she apprehensive about signing the movie? "No. I have heard about the assassination of Paritala Ravi. In fact, I was in Hyderabad when the actual incident occurred. But when an actor is essaying a real-life character on screen, he is just doing his job. I have tried to give my 100 per cent to my character," she says.

Priyamani has dubbed for herself in the film. "It took me three hours to complete dubbing and I have tried to bring the local slang in place with my voice," she informs.

Priyamani hasn't signed any Tamil film recently though her hands are full with Telugu and Kannada films. But the actress says she is eager to do more films in Kollywood. "My last release was Raavanan and now, I have RC. I'm more than willing to do a straight Tamil film, but I haven't been offered any solid roles till now. I don't want to do a film here just for the sake of doing one. I want to do films that I will be proud of. I will gladly do another rural-based film like Paruthiveeran because it got me acclaim," she says.

Yeah, and a National Award too!

Courtesy: TOI


Photos: Gopichand Romancing Deeksha Seth

Posted: 02 Dec 2010 05:44 AM PST

Check out the photos from Gopichand's new movie where he is romancing with vedam fame Deeksha Seth.





Sumanth's Raaj First Look Poster

Posted: 02 Dec 2010 05:29 AM PST

Check out the first look poster of Sumanth's Raaj. Priyamani and vimala raman are playing the female leads in the movie.
Sumanth Raaj First poster


Madhurima New Photo Gallery

Posted: 02 Dec 2010 05:27 AM PST

Check out the new photos of Madhurima in a recent event.
Madhurima photos







No comments:

Post a Comment